December 22, 2008 - Dr Appointment


Hello all,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday. I know we did. We had a Dr. appointment last Monday and baby Katie gave us a great Christmas Gift. She finally let us see her little face. Everything is going well and she is, according to the doctor, about 2 and 1/2 pounds. I still have puffy feet, but the Dr. says that is normal and gave me a few ideas for how to keep the swelling down. I am not sure I like them though. One of the ideas is to cut out carbs, which I know I can do, but not sure I want to give up my sweet snack every few days. I will figure something out though.

I think the whole family is starting to get excited about Katie joining us soon. I think she got more stuff for Christmas than anyone else, which is totally fine with D and me as it means one less thing for us to worry about, other than her being spoiled even before she gets here. Oh well, we will try to keep her grounded. It just makes us so happy to know how loved she already is. Even the cat and dogs are sensing Katie's coming is near. Birdie, the cat,sleeps next to her in my tummy most every night. Occasionally she will mistake D's belly for mine, but not very often and seems to be getting less and less as my belly grows. And Maggie, our black lab, puts her nose to my belly everyday when I let her in. She is very sweet and sometimes even licks the front of my shirt like she is giving Katie kisses. Cooper, our chocolate lab, the big horse he is still hasn't quite gotten the idea that anything is different but can sense that something is happening. AS long as he continues to get fed twice a day and belly rubs every night, I am not sure he will even notice Katie being there. ;)

All systems are go with the nursery now. We were holding off until after Christmas to work on anything related to the nursery so I guess it is time to get busy. The material for the bedding has been picked out and ordered and hopefully we can start working on it by the middle to end of January. No bed to speak of yet, but we are waiting on some of the New Years sales to see if we can get a better price. Since we won't need it for another few months I think we will still have enough time to get everything together.

Finally, we want to wish everyone a blessed new year and to let you know how much each one of you means to us. We feel so fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends to share this special time with us. Thank you for being there to share in our joy. We can't wait for you to meet our precious little girl.

Love to all,

Daniel, Kelly, and Kaitlyn

No comments: