August 14, 2008 - CONFIRMED! only 1 Peanut

Good Morning all,

Just thought I would send you a quick update. We are almost 9 weeks along and went to see our new Dr. today. I think I left half of me there with all of the testing and blood work, but I have managed to gain 1 1/2 pounds in 3 weeks. I don't know if this is good or not, but I figure it is better than losing it right now. (OK so this is the only time in my life you will hear me be excited about gaining weight) :)

Peanut is about 4 times the size he/she was a few weeks ago and Dr. Moore confirmed this morning that there is only 1 peanut. He looked at me kind of funny when I explained our history of trying to get pregnant and wanted to make sure again. Peanut looks more like a baby today and is doing great. He/She is also full of energy and even jumped on the ultrasound this morning to say hi! It looked funny to see it, but not be able to feel it, but I know that will take a while. I didn't find out the heart rate today, but you could see it on the monitor going about a mile a minute. Dr. Moore says everything looks great and that we should get to meet Peanut on or around March 22nd. I know some of you will make bets on day, time, weight, length so go ahead an get started this baby is growing fast. Just remember all proceeds of betting should go to the Peanut Diaper Fund care of mommy and daddy B. ;)

We are planning a cruise in October so I asked the doctor about the questions that those going on the trip had. Here are the answers. Yes it is OK to get in any water that i want as long as my water has not broken or I am having any spotting. Also stay away from Hot Tubs (duhhh!). Also I can you a nausea patch if needed, in fact they use them for pg women who have dizziness and sever nausea alot already. So in other words, we are a go for the cruise!

Well, that all I have for now. We go back to the Dr. on September 8th so expect another update around that time. Talk to all of you soon.

XO,

Kelly, Daniel, and Peanut

No comments: