February 11, 2009 - She's a Dancing Machine

I do not know where our child got the moves, but she will either be a very gifted dancer or will be a horrible dancer that loves to dance. I’m hoping for the earlier of the two. She moves pretty much non stop from noon to midnight with a few bursts of excitement through out the day as well. We have all had a lot of fun watching her dance through my shirt as she is big enough to really get my belly moving now.
Dana and Leah even got to share in the fun when they came in for my shower this weekend. BTW…a special thanks to all of you ladies that were able to attend. It was a great time getting to see everyone and share my big belly with you all. Daddy D was sure impressed with all of the cute things that Katie got and how much stuff there really is for babies.
Daddy D was quite busy this weekend and finished putting together the rest of the furniture and getting it into Katie’s room. We have a few final touches and her room will be complete. Now it is time to start washing all of the clothes. I sat in Katie’s room while D worked on the furniture and took tags off of clothes. So that is done, but by the time I got to the point where I had enough to wash I was too tired. Hopefully I can get them done over the weekend so they can be folded and put away.
I have been trying to slow down more lately and spend more time at home with my feet up, but that won’t be the case this week. I have several obligations left for JL this year that I need to get squared away before Katie gets here and I have been pre-placed for Deck the Halls Gift Market for 2009 so I am starting work on that now as well. In addition, I have been working on all of my stuff for Zoobilee to try to get that taken care of before my due date as well. I have no idea how I do all of these things, I just keep going until I can’t go anymore. I know I will have to slow down when I become a mommy so I am trying to get it all in while I still have a chance. No worries though. I am taking it easy when needed and rest when she tells me it is time to rest.
The Dr. says I am still good to go for now and will start checking me in a week or two for dilation. I don’t think they will let me go past my due date as they estimated her weight a few weeks ago at a little over 5 lbs. Typically they gain about a ½ lb a week right now so she is probably closer to 6 lbs by now. I think she will be over 8 lbs when all is said and done. Dang that’s going to hurt! But I know the bigger she is the healthier she will be and that is what we want. That’s all for now, but I will keep you posted on our progress as we get closer. I can’t wait for everyone to meet her. Love, Kelly, Daniel and baby Katie!

No comments: