February 24, 2009 - Looks Like We are Getting Close

Well, another Dr. appointment down and maybe only one or two to go. We went to the Dr. yesterday and found out that baby Katie is well on her way to being at least an 8 if not 9 pound baby. We started off with our normal ultrasound to do our stretching and movements for the Dr. At which point the first thing we did was flip Daddy D the bird. I don’t know if it was because she was cranky for being woke up or if she was made that he hadn’t been there to see her do her stretching before but she was not happy. She quickly got past that though and began by showing us what a good breather she has become before trying to punch and kick a hole through my belly. Needless to say we passed our tests with flying colors.

Then on to the heart monitor. She was very cooperative and let them hook up right away. For those of you unfamiliar with this, they take a plastic disk with monitoring equipment on my belly and are able to hear her heart beat and monitor it for any fluctuations. Normally we would stay on this machine for about 20 minutes, but yesterday we were showing off for daddy and decided to kick it off and do more acrobatics about 10 minutes in. Show off!

Of course the rest of the appointment was just as exciting when the Dr. told us that she was measuring at 39 weeks even though we are only 36 weeks. Both her head and abdomen are measuring in the 95 percentile and the dreaded C word was actually mentioned. I would really rather not have a C-section so we were told to think about it and we will reevaluate on Monday the 2nd. Sunday I will be 37 weeks and considered full term so pending some discussions between me and Daddy D we may decide to talk induction rather than c-section. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Good thing is everything is ready. Daddy D even got us a new car last weekend! We had been talking about trading in the Tahoe and trying to lower our payment and our carbon footprint and managed to do a bit of both by going with the new Chevy Traverse. It is the same size as the Tahoe on the interior and gets much better gas mileage. Plus we were able to lower the payment by a few dollars and get free maintenance for 3 years. Probably the best deal we could have gotten for now so we jumped at it. Now we just need to put in the car seat and we are good to go. We also picked out her coming home outfit this weekend and have it hanging in the doorway ready to go. I guess I need to pack a bag this week as well. Grandma Betty did call to make sure I had thought about PJ’s for the hospital and I assured her I would not be wearing any of my old ratty t-shirts that I actually had a new pair ready to go.

Well, I better get back to it. I am already starting a new list of things to get done in my head. We will keep you posted as much as possible in these next few weeks. I have a feeling she will be here before we know it.

Love to all,
Daniel, Kelly, and Baby Katie

1 comment:

All About Baby Boomerang said...

That is so exciting! I think a C section wouldn't be so bad (recovery would stink, but at 9 pounds, sounds okay compared to the alternative - at least visually). I am so excited for you both and wish you both the smoothest delivery possible!!! Can't wait to see pics!