Our Final Dr Appointment - Just as exciting as the First!

Well, we went for our last Dr. Appointment before Katie’s arrival this morning and almost thought that Katie would be joining us sooner rather than later. Our Dr is out of town on vacation for Spring Break and this morning during our routine testing Katie had a fluctuation in her heart rate that concerned the midwife on staff. They tried several little tricks to make her react, but she just wasn’t having it so they sent us over to the hospital for monitoring. Daddy D was home from work today so he went with us and boy am I glad he was there. For a few minutes I kind of freaked out in my head thinking of all of the things I think have to be done before she gets here, but as always D stayed level headed and helped me get through it and realize there was nothing I could do except wait to see what they said at the hospital. Once we got to the hospital and got hooked up to all of the monitors and I had been poked and prodded on for about an hour, they said everything was fine and that I could go on about my day and to come back if I started having any weird symptoms as they described in the 10 pages of paperwork they sent us home with. I called the Dr. office to make sure I could go on in to work and they told me that was fine as long as I felt up to it. I also confirmed all of the induction information with them once we knew we weren’t going to be staying with them today.

We will be induced on Monday, March 16th around 5 am. I will go in on the 15th for some testing and to be monitored overnight before they start administering the drugs on Monday morning. It is not a fast process so there is to telling how long it will take. There is no need for anyone to come wait at the hospital and I promise we will let everyone know once she has arrived. Since we don’t know how long it will take or when we will be up to visitors please call someone before you come up to the hospital. We would hate for you to make the trip just to find out that we are not seeing anyone at the time. We do want to share this joyous time with everyone, but might be better suited for home once we are in more comfortable surroundings. If you just can’t wait please make sure and call either D’s mom, my mom or my sister to get information as D and I probably will not have our phones available to us or may not be listening for them if we are resting.

We are so excited and can’t wait to meet our precious little girl. We will be sure to share her with everyone as soon as possible as we know you all want to meet her too. Thanks to everyone for their prayers, love, and support over these last 9 months and please continue to pray for us as we make finally preparations for Katie’s birth.

Love to all,
Daniel, Kelly, and Baby Katie

No comments: